Thursday, December 13, 2018

Book Review - See You In the Piazza: New Places to Discover In Italy

I am a huge fan of Frances Mayes. The first time I read Under The Tuscan Sun I knew it was, for me, a life changing book, and I was right. I fell in love with all things Italian because of her words and descriptions; I could taste the food she described and the scents she smelled; could visualize the details of her house and her travels. I’ve read every book she’s written since then, and was so excited to receive an ARC of her newest book on travel in Italy, See You In The Piazza.

I could never begin to describe each place Frances and her husband and grandson experienced. Once again, I was transported by her words and descriptions of places, faces, food, scenery, and experiences as the trio travel all around Italy, and not just Tuscany or Rome or even Naples. Off the beaten path to places I may have heard of in my reading, or not; places I had no idea existed. Her words invoke such imagery for me, and me long to travel along beside her and see the world as she does. Her knowledge and research of so many details of each place truly astound, invigorate and inspire. Thank you, Frances, for another opportunity to live vicariously through your experiences.


No comments:

Post a Comment