Sunday, October 14, 2018

Past Tense, Book Review



Past Tense was an enjoyable read. Jack Reacher, former MP, wanders the country taking odd jobs here and there and trouble always seems to find him. He is calm under pressure, likeable, and he is always a step ahead of the bad guys. This book was no exception. The setting is rural New Hampshire, and the cast of characters range from helpful to downright creepy. Jack decides to stop in Laconia, NH on his way across country. His father, long since deceased, grew up in the city. The mystery deepens as discovering his father's origins are not as easy as it should have been. Along the way, Jack, of course, stumbles on the bad guys and becomes friendly with the good guys, and two separate drama's play out around the rural setting.

It was a welcome sidetrack to me to read this book in exchange for a review. I don't have a particular genre that I read 100% of the time, although action/mysteries are not often on my list. Several people do lose their lives, and yet it was touched on without a lot of blood, guts and gore. I found myself really ok with how it all played out. It is one I will recommend for my book group when it is published.

No comments:

Post a Comment