Monday, December 1, 2014

Devastation and Starting Over

December 1, 2014

I was devastated to discover that my old blog got deleted by BlogSpot. I've been a not-so-faithful blogger since November, 2008, so six years of my random thoughts on a variety of topics went by the wayside. Time to stop grieving and move forward. Fortunately, I was smart-sighted enough to first type my thoughts, mostly, in an ongoing Word document, so at least my words are preserved for my own sake.

I had to start from scratch with this blog - even the title of my old blog - Kim's Google Blog - would not allow me to continue with the old - so, I guess, out with the old and in with the new. On Facebook I always try to look for and post little moments I call "random smiles". It is so easy to get wrapped up in negativity and in looking for the bad things in life. I find that if I look for moments that are sweet or out of the ordinary - moments of joy and tiny little good things it makes my day seem better. The more you look for good, the easier it becomes to truly see it. So, this new blog is called "Random Smiles". Sometimes it will be about smiles, sometimes not; sometimes it will be something on my mind or just a way to share my thoughts on big or small things. I look forward to sharing more of my thoughts on life and living, and I look forward to hearing back YOUR thoughts on my words :)

No comments:

Post a Comment